• Initial assessment for new patients will generally last for 1 - 1 ½ hour. The aim of the consultation would be to offer an individualised treatment package to meet specific needs of the patient.
• The Follow up appointment will last for ½ - 1 hour depending on the nature and complexities of the needs.
• The treatment offered will be based on the best available evidence which will be explained to the patient and family. The treatments are likely to include medication and if needed psychotherapy will be offered.
Psychotherapy care (Cognitive Analytic Therapy)
• Initial assessment for CAT therapy will generally require 1 - 2 sessions. Each session will last for 50 minute.
• CAT therapy will be offered as a treatment package of 16 or 24 sessions.
• Structure of the therapy will be followed as suggested by the Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapists.